About Me

name: Beanie
age: 35
email: bbbeans@yahoo.com


AT THE MOMENT

Book: New York by Edward Rutherfurd

Music: 1999 by Prince

Mood: The current mood of bbbeans@yahoo.com at www.imood.com

LAWYERS

Teahouse Blossom
CrimLaw
SilentService
May It Please The Court
Blonde Justice
Ernie The Attorney
f/k/a
Lessig Blog
Evan Schaeffer's Legal Underground
Jeremy's Weblog
Begging The Question
The Neutral Zone Trap
the imbroglio
Biting Tongue
Peanut Butter Burrito
Legal Quandary
In It But Not Of It
WonL
A New Duck
Just Playin'
Res Ipsa Eloquent
How Appealing
Scoplaw
Lag Liv
Law v. Life
IPTAblog
Lowering the Bar
Bag and Baggage
The Uncivil Litigator
Will Work For Favorable Dicta
Transmogriflaw

ON THE WAY

Divine Angst
Frequent Citations
Magic Cookie
Knocked Up (and in Law School)
Butterflyfish
Mommy on the Floor
PT-LawMom
Thanks, But No Thanks
Law Ingenue
No. 634
think like a woman. act like a man.

I READ THESE TOO

the underwear drawer
Do Not Overmix
Little Lost Robot
PostSecret
Overheard in the Office
JD2B

OTHER LINKS

Jurist
Truth Laid Bear
< ? law blogs # >
Blogroll Me!

TERROR ALERT LEVEL

Terror Alert Level

RSS FEED





CREDITS

design by maystar
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Bloggapedia - Find It! Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Want to Rip?
Reading blogs at work? Click to
escape to a suitable site!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

ARCHIVES

spacer!
Screaming Bean
Thursday, March 25, 2004

I've had a couple of interviews this week. Perhaps it is because it's the end of the semester, perhaps people are getting tired, or perhaps we're at the bottom of the barrel here, but these have been some of the stranger interviews I've had. Earlier this week I was interviewed by a firm that had interviewed me last year. I was soundly dinged then. I found out through the interview that I'm going to be a clerk/courier if I work for them. With gas topping $2.50 a gallon by early summer I would have to use my own car and run papers to courthouses. I was not told this last year. If I had I probably would not have put in for this year. While the in office experience would probably be a good one, I cannot justify 2 years of law school education to drive around town as a courier. I used to balk at doing that as a paralegal. What would happen if I got into an accident on the job? I need my car to last, I'm not going to put a bunch of miles on it. I was told I'd get mileage paid. Whoop.

That brings me to today, and a new firm. So new in fact I could find out nearly nothing about them. This is because they've only been in existence for less than a month. I was afraid by the glint in the interviewer's eye that they want me not so much for my law school skills (or lack of them), but rather because I've been a secretary and paralegal. Nothing like a fully trained person to bring a firm up to speed over a summer. The interviewer kept harping on the fact that they'll be run ragged early on and that they need a self-starter. That wasn't scary...the fact that they have no brief bank or form books is scary. The attitude that this is a grand experiment in law offices scared the ever loving crap out of me. Do I want this?

I'm putting my full faith and credit into tomorrow. It's a callback. I WANT THIS JOB. Virtual crossed fingers for me please. I ain't to proud to beg.