About Me

name: Beanie
age: 35
email: bbbeans@yahoo.com


AT THE MOMENT

Book: New York by Edward Rutherfurd

Music: 1999 by Prince

Mood: The current mood of bbbeans@yahoo.com at www.imood.com

LAWYERS

Teahouse Blossom
CrimLaw
SilentService
May It Please The Court
Blonde Justice
Ernie The Attorney
f/k/a
Lessig Blog
Evan Schaeffer's Legal Underground
Jeremy's Weblog
Begging The Question
The Neutral Zone Trap
the imbroglio
Biting Tongue
Peanut Butter Burrito
Legal Quandary
In It But Not Of It
WonL
A New Duck
Just Playin'
Res Ipsa Eloquent
How Appealing
Scoplaw
Lag Liv
Law v. Life
IPTAblog
Lowering the Bar
Bag and Baggage
The Uncivil Litigator
Will Work For Favorable Dicta
Transmogriflaw

ON THE WAY

Divine Angst
Frequent Citations
Magic Cookie
Knocked Up (and in Law School)
Butterflyfish
Mommy on the Floor
PT-LawMom
Thanks, But No Thanks
Law Ingenue
No. 634
think like a woman. act like a man.

I READ THESE TOO

the underwear drawer
Do Not Overmix
Little Lost Robot
PostSecret
Overheard in the Office
JD2B

OTHER LINKS

Jurist
Truth Laid Bear
< ? law blogs # >
Blogroll Me!

TERROR ALERT LEVEL

Terror Alert Level

RSS FEED





CREDITS

design by maystar
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Bloggapedia - Find It! Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Want to Rip?
Reading blogs at work? Click to
escape to a suitable site!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

ARCHIVES

spacer!
Screaming Bean
Friday, January 02, 2004

Holiday gift returns. Holiday gift returns are the bane of my existence. In my family it was unheard of actually returning a gift...it was assumed that you had put a good deal of thought into it and would know the person well enough to select the appropriate size/color/option. To actually have to return something was near anathema and very near offensive to the person who had to return the item. The only time where this didn't seem wrong was if by some freak of nature you got the same thing twice. However, since I've been married this has become an annual occurence. I very rarely receive an appropriate gift and my spouse is lucky to get something the correct size. This is from people that actually raised my spouse. This is an instance where money should be used as a fallback option and luckily my spouse received that very gift. I on the other hand was forced to mall with a return. At Macy's a return is not a problem...I'm a card holder and they don't even blink. JcPenney on the other hand is a different story. You can't find the closest register and return there...noooo, they only handle fashion jewelry and cannot be bothered with a gift item. I was then forced to wander the store until I found the appropriate department only to find a line about 12 people long. Now mind you, I have no receipt and no idea whether I can even return this item, but have to stand on line to find out what the outcome of this was going to be. After the wait I was informed that my item was worth...drumroll please...$2.40. Yeah, that's right kids, barely covering the gas driving to the mall let alone the drain on my patience involved in the procedure. So yes, I am now the proud owner of a gift card at JcPenney's for $2.40. That won't even get me a pair of socks. And that's why I just love the holidays. Bah freaking humbug.